Posted on May 12, 2021
Cooking is the leading cause of household fires.
• Avoid wearing loose shirts When cooking.
• Do not leave lighted cooking stoves or candles
• Keep bedroom doors closed while sleeping.
• Keep anything that can catch fire away from the cooking area.
Detectors and alarms are proven to save lives
• Install detectors in your rooms and kitchen.
• Change batteries annually and test alarms to make sure they are working.
• Replace all detectors every ten years
Plan a home fire drill
• Practise your drill often
• Know all the exits in the house
• Know where your fire extinguisher is located