KUO is famous in West Africa due to the ethical work provided & excellent maintenance in refilling and servicing of fire extinguishers. We provide products and services with strict quality control that are in line with international standards.
We are a leading professional company in the field of refilling and servicing fire extinguishers, operating with over 30 employees in that department alone.
All types of extinguishers require a basic inspection annually to check weight, externally validate the correct pressure, and find any signs of damage or corrosion. Cartridge extinguishers are disassembled for internal inspection, and to have the weight of the cartridge assessed. Labels inspection for legibility, and where possible, dip tubes, hoses and mechanisms must be assessed for clear, free operation.
All recharged fire extinguishers are thoroughly examined, and new internal parts are replaced as and when needed.
All equipment that we recharge will go through rigorous testing to ensure full compliance to safety.
KUO FIRE SAFETY prides itself on being the leader in the fire safety industry in West Africa and the only company specialized in body overhauling of fire extinguishers to ensure a long-life span of the extinguishers.
Servicing Of Fire Extinguishers
Comprehensive Fire Extinguisher Servicing Procedure:
- Visual Inspection: Conduct a meticulous visual examination of each fire extinguisher to identify any visible signs of wear, damage, or irregularities.
- Pressure and Weight Checks: Ensure the extinguisher's pressure and weight align with specified standards, confirming its readiness for operation.
- Accessories Testing: Thoroughly test and validate the functionality of accessories, such as nozzles, hoses, and safety pins, to guarantee optimal performance during emergencies.
- Corrosion Check: Examine the interior of the extinguisher for any corrosion, addressing potential issues that may compromise the unit's integrity.
- O-Ring Replacement and Cylinder Pressurization: Replace O-rings as necessary to maintain a secure seal, followed by pressurizing the cylinder to the recommended levels.
- Hydro-static Testing: Subject the pressure vessel to hydro-static testing, ensuring it can securely contain the extinguishing agent without any risk of leakage.
- Painting (if required): Perform painting procedures at the workshop to enhance the extinguisher's aesthetic appeal and protect it against environmental elements.
- Verification of Proper Labeling and Tags: Confirm that each extinguisher is appropriately labeled and tagged, providing clear information on its type, maintenance date, and any relevant guidelines.
Note: The cost associated with the replacement of damaged parts and agent refilling is not included in the service.